Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Maxine's Second Tooth


Just before Jose left for work, Maxine fell asleep in my arms to the tune of The Macarena, her new favorite melody (and rhythmic bouncing) that makes her fall asleep. She had her mouth wide open and I saw her teeth. Jose took this picture so we could show everyone. I have read that teeth usually come in fours and I should expect the top two in the next couple months.
She also had her 6-month exam today but did not get her shots because of the fevers she's been having. She will get them next week. She weighed 14.8lbs today, surely due to her lack of appetite from being so sick. The doctor wasn't concerned with her cold but did give us a prescription for eye drops.
*****
Raquel won some money in the football pool for Super Bowl Sunday so on Monday I took her shopping for clothes and a new pair of shoes. We spent $20 on clothes, which included a new jacket, a denim dress and several tops from the Salvation Army Thrift Store on Del Mar in Pasadena. Then we went to Payless and she got some new pink and white velcro tennies. The shoes with laces were a lot cuter but I like her to be able to put shoes on by herself and she can't tie laces yet. I was surprised that the 9.5 size fit her already, as at Christmas time she was still an 8.5!
Thanks for reading. And pray for lots of rain so we don't have to turn on the expensive sprinklers!

5 comments:

Iris said...

Awwwww her wittle teefers :) cute!!!!!
How about a fashion shoot for Rocky's new clothes :)

Sarah Jane said...

I just might do that! Not today tho. So sick am I.

Iris said...

Sucks to be sick :(
Hey at least it rained

Sarah Jane said...

We are ecstatic about the rain :)

Sarah Jane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.