Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Fridge Detail



Cleaning the refrigerator used to be a tedious job. Uneaten leftovers and wasted produce were a big problem. Now that I cook almost every meal at home, using up all of our groceries and eating up all the leftovers, my fridge is so easy to clean! If you never looked at the shelf surfaces, you'd think it was a nice tidy fridge. But I know there is a sticky layer of dried on food leaks and with that, tons of germs. I forgot to take a before picture of the scum but you know what I mean.

We bought this fridge three years ago and have really liked it. I never had a complaint until today...

That gunk you see is not quite get-able. The plastic frame of this glass shelf is one solid piece. I don't see how anyone can get the glass out to clean the nasty bacteria hanging out in there. So, armed with a paper towel, I kept jiggling, wiping, squeezing and obsessing over this trapped dirt and eventually coaxed some of it out.

Maxine sat in her high chair playing with Tupperware while I worked. I finished and had a snack. She played with those little containers for a long time! Her real toys are getting dull, I suppose. And now I have a really pretty fridge.

4 comments:

Prolifegirly said...

nice clean fridge---i should clean mine...

you're looking thinner again by the way.

HektikLyfe said...

I can't see the pictures. I'm guessing they are on Flikr or Photobucket? I will check them out at home.

I hate fridge crap. Something about cold mildew just gives me the yucks.

Iris said...

Niiiiiiiice! I like the pic of you and Maxine at the end. Two happy girls :)

Funny thing, right before I went into labor, I cleaned and organized our fridge. I was going to do a picture blog but never got around to it :P

I love clean organized refrigerators but it's so hard to maintain isn't it?

Sarah Jane said...

Sam: Thanks! Most of my pants are too big for me--not the worst problem to have.
HL: yes, they're photobucket pics.
Iris: Thanks. I used to think it was hard to maintain but our fridge has been pretty simple and organized since I started dieting. Much less junk, only necessities.