Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Pink Lemonade Snowballs


They were supposed to be balls but they didn't stay, well, bally. And I'm unsatisfied with their lemony-ness. Not enough lemon flavor for my taste. I am never satisfied with the cookies I make. I bought a zester, my first such tool. I followed an old recipe from the 1970s from Farmer's Journal. If anyone knows the key to really tart lemon flavor, give me a clue.


Jose is taking me on a surprise date tonight while James babysits the girls. We haven't been out together since September so this is quite a treat. He won't tell me where we're going but he did say to not dress frumpy. And he did say we're not going to a restaurant or the movies. What else is there? ;)
I hope I can find something decent to wear. Just thinking about my wardrobe is putting me in a glum mood.

7 comments:

Molly3464 said...

So I totally associate that martini glass and your ass in black lace boyshorts. Those cookies look delicious.

Iris said...

He's taking you to our house. I'm making Weiner Wangs.

I would eat those cookies, no matter what shape.

HektikLyfe said...

How exciting! Surprise date...

I have some guesses. I will tell Iris and we will tell you if I am right later. :)

Iris said...

So where did you go?

Sarah Jane said...

I just wrote a blog on myspizzle about it!

Iris said...

I will have to wait till tomorrow. Can't read blogs while mobile. Good night:)

Molly3464 said...

Iris just made a Natalie Dee reference! Whoohoo!