Monday, November 10, 2008

Virginia Part Four


Samantha blogged about her baby shower already so instead of duplicating all of that I've chosen to show you pictures from the hike Susan and I went on after the shower. About a mile and a half away from Samantha's house is a scenic place called New Quarter Park. This is where Susan goes jogging some times. I took about a hundred or so pictures. Here are a few of my favorites.


The shell in the first photo was the largest I have seen of it's kind; as big as my foot. The lake shore was covered in ancient shells.
We saw a Great Blue Herron. Susan knows something about birds, otherwise I wouldn't have known what it was.
The weather could not have been better for our late afternoon hike. And then after the sun went down it naturally cooled off some but we were walking at a more brisk pace (mostly because I was a little afraid of getting attacked by territorial and heavily-antlered bucks [deer right up close to us]). I did not get any good photos of the deer as I do not quite know how to use my new camera yet at night. Too bad.
This beautiful place is unlike anything I see in my daily life in Southern California. It has me wanting to go on more hikes, to take more photos. New Quarter Park is really lovely.

2 comments:

Iris said...

Wow! Can I go with you next time you go? ^__^ I can totally see why Susan likes to jog there. That's exactly what I thought of when I saw the trail. Very beautiful.

HektikLyfe said...

Yes those are some impressive trails. There is a pretty nice one up in Azusa canyon that Iris took me up once that you might enjoy. Nothing light for kids though. Great workout, a little more cliffy.